My Succcubus Marissa wrote a post that got me thinking about this. Again.
What is it that attracts these beings to us?
Many of us have never done a ritual to attract them. Those that have done a ritual have had success, and others have not.
Do we have some qualities in common?
I’ve been reading about this off and on for about 3 years now. I believe we do have some things in common.
1) We acknowledge the existence of spirits. We don’t necessarily agree on the specific nature(s) of these spirits, but I have yet to hear of an atheist having these experiences.
2) We are truth-seekers; each in his or her own way.
2a) We take others opinions into consideration. But since most of us have been raked over the coals by others that presumed to be teachers and other authority figures, we feel no remorse at rejecting their opinions. We slaughter “sacred cows”, and then we eat them. There is nothing better than BBQ sacred cow.
2b) We have more of an appreciation of how big this universe is than many other people have. And, we have more of an appreciation of our own ignorance.
3) We’re simply open to having this experience. How many people out there have even heard of, much less believe in, the existence of these beings? To them, I’m nuts. And I don’t care what they think.
4) We are on the outer fringes of this culture.
4a) Or, we place ourselves as far away from this culture as we can get and always look for innovative ways to remove ourselves even more.
5) From a worldly standpoint, most of us are “losers”. But since we generally spit on the world, not too many give a damn what they think or don’t think of us. Speaking for myself, I don’t want most people to like me. If they dislike me, then I know I am on the right track. Being liked by the world would scare the shit out of me.
Most people are just useless. I tried to come up with a way of illustrating how useless I believe most people are, and here is what I came up with:
Most people are even more worthless than Andrea Dworkins‘ pussy (when that wretched lard-ass was still alive).
It would be different if they could think and act for themselves, but they are too lazy to do that. The status quo is sacred to these idiots.
OK, rant mode = off.
Those are the similarities that I see.